Crashes of nplayer/streaming problems

• Hi,

I've been using nplayer since January of this year and been really satisfied. Especially with it's ability to show streaming video from my smb share. Since the latest update to version 3 streaming stops early and video doesn't seem to resume after buffering. In addition nplayer seems to crash after opening two to three .mkv files.

I hope you can fix these soon. Let me know if you need more specific information. iPad is iPad air2 and iOS version is 8.3.1

Best regard,

Penguin

• Hi,

some additional info: it happens also with MP4 videos. After 15s video stops and buffering begins sometimes it resumes after buffering sometimes not. The 15s are independent of the video, and the buffer and cache setting I set in the network section of settings. It is also independent of the setting for codec (but it apparently always uses Q/T independent of the setting).

Best regards,

Penguin

• Hi,

just noticed that the streaming problems are connected to my Bluetooth headset. With the Bluetooth headset connected the decoder displayed in the upper right corner of the video is always Q/T irrespective of all settings and I am having the streaming problems with buffering starting at around 15s. If I disconnect the headset the video stops and after restart the decoder displayed is HW. Now the video plays fine. Even if starting other videos it shows HW. Buffering at the beginning takes a little longer but video runs without buffering afterwards. This behavior is new to the 3.0 version of nplayer. I didn't have any problems with the use of my Bluetooth headset/headphones with 2.6.5

Best regards,

Penguin

Device: iPad Air 2

• COMMUNITY REP

@penguin

Settings -> Defaults -> Default Setting

Can you again test with your Bluetooth headset? Works?

My device for Bug-Report:
    iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1

• Hi,

problem is still the same after returning to default settings. With headset decoder is Q/T and video is buffering/stopping, after disconnecting headset or turning Bluetooth off, decoder is HW and video is running fine.

Penguin

• COMMUNITY REP

@penguin
    Thx for your details bug report ^^

My device for Bug-Report:
    iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1