App stopped while caching font

• Since I did't get reply in last post, I just make a new topic for these.
    http://forum.nplayer.tv/topic/1213/few-problems

It is great that the AVC 10bit problem got fixed, thank you so much! But there are still some problem in the latest version.

App Version: 1.2.2.29_171222
    Device: Sony XZ Premium G8142
    OS Version: Android 8.0

1. Two finger gestures - Drag Left/Right, Drag Up/Down on Left Side of Screen, Drag Up/Down on Right Side of Screen is working after I set the "Pinch to Zoom on Video" to None.

2. ASS external font is still not working. It always just built 246.8KB font cache, clear font cache and rebuilt doesn't help. I got 192 fonts(1.37GB) in my sdcard and already selected the font folder in nplayer settings.

3. App just stopped while caching font. It doesn't show the pop-up window and just keep playing the video but can't control anything. After a while I will get a pop-up from system and say nPlayer just stopped. Sometimes it FC and sometimes I just wait for it and will work after the hang but it will go to the problem 2. I mentioned above. ASS external font is not working.

4. HEVC 10bit video decode become weird. Won't play after seek, broken scene, green screen.

5. Subtitles is still not autoloaded even I selected the subtitle folder in nplayer settings and renamed the subtitles to the same name of the video. I must put those inside the same folder to get autoloading subtitles.

6. Some of the ass subtitle won't presenting the style inside of the ass subtitle file. It just using the subtitle style settings of nPlayer.

7. Hope you have planning of improve ass subtitle style rendering for better 'frame rate' of ass subtitles. Thank you!

• updated to the lastest version 1.2.2.34_171226 and found that app stopped while font caching got fixed, but still having the rest problem above.

• administrators

Hi! Full styling option for SSA/ASS subtitles is added and applied to v1.2.2.39_180102. Please do a test it after updating the app and if problem persists, please give us detailed account of steps to reproduce, expected behaviour and actual behaviour. Also your subtitles sample file would help us. Please upload your sample file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv.

We're looking into it about HEVC playback issue. And problems that subtitle can not be autoloaded from subtitle folder was not reproduced when we tested it. Please tell us more detail about your test environment, subtitle folder and subtitle name etc.

• @support said in App stopped while caching font:

Hi! Full styling option for SSA/ASS subtitles is added and applied to v1.2.2.39_180102. Please do a test it after updating the app and if problem persists, please give us detailed account of steps to reproduce, expected behaviour and actual behaviour. Also your subtitles sample file would help us. Please upload your sample file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv.

We're looking into it about HEVC playback issue. And problems that subtitle can not be autoloaded from subtitle folder was not reproduced when we tested it. Please tell us more detail about your test environment, subtitle folder and subtitle name etc.

Thanks for your reply. I updated my nPlayer and tested all these problem again.

Firstly, I found that the app stopped while caching fonts problem came back on this version and I still having the two finger gesture problem. I am sorry that I found there are a mistake of my report in point 1. It should be: Two finger gestures - Drag Left/Right, Drag Up/Down on Left Side of Screen, Drag Up/Down on Right Side of Screen is not working after I set the "Pinch to Zoom on Video" to None.
    I tried the Full styling option and I found that it doesn't help the font caching and the fluency of my subtitle effect become worse than turning it off. I tried remove the other fonts and just leave the fonts that the subtitle is used but it still just cached 246.8KB font cache. I also tried put all of it into my internal storage inside the same folder but just the same. I uploaded my subtitle file into your ftp server. It called "[Nekomoe kissaten&LoliHouse] Kekkai Sensen & Beyond - 01 [WebRip 1920x1080 HEVC-yuv420p10 AAC].TC.ass".
    Subtitle doesn't autoloaded from subtitle folder problem. I named the video 1.mkv and the subtitle 1.ass. Put 1.mkv into my microsd card inside my phone, path is "/storage/0CDD-B0AA/Video/1.mkv". 1.ass also put into microsd card, path is "/storage/0CDD-B0AA/Subtitles/1.ass". The subtitle won't autoloaded when I play 1.mkv. Tried put them into the internal storage with the same folder name: "/storage/emulated/0/Video/1.mkv", "/storage/emulated/0/Subtitles/1.ass" but still not autoloaded. Of course I have already changed the subtitle folder inside nplayer subtitle setting.
    Hope that the HEVC 10bit decoding problem will got fixed soon. Thank you so much!

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.