Still having font problem with external .ass subtitle

• App Version: 1.3.1.3_180119
    Device: Sony XZ Premium G8142
    OS Version: Android 8.0

I just updated to the latest version and tested the problem I mentioned in the last post below but still having some problem.
    http://forum.nplayer.tv/topic/1258/app-stopped-while-caching-font

First of all, great to see that external subtitle autoloading got fixed in the latest version, thank you so much!

Problems that still having:

1. Two finger gestures - Drag Left/Right, Drag Up/Down on Left Side of Screen, Drag Up/Down on Right Side of Screen is not working after I set the "Pinch to Zoom on Video" to None.

2. ASS external font is still not working. It always just built 246.8KB font cache, clear font cache and rebuilt doesn't help. I got 192 fonts(1.37GB) in my sdcard and already selected the font folder in nplayer settings.

3. ASS subtitle effect doesn't as smooth as MX Player with "Improve SSA rendering" got ticked in software decoding even I turned on full styling option in nPlayer setting.

4. HEVC 10bit video decode is still comes weird.

Thanks for your hard working and I hope that nplayer Android version will become as great as iOS version that I obsessed with!

• updated to the latest version 1.3.2.23_180131. Found that there is an "Embedded Fonts" in setting, but if I turned on "Full Styling" option, the subtitle won't show so I can't test if it is work or not. Still having problems I mentioned above. Just keep waiting for fix. Thanks so much!

• administrators

Thanks for your report! We've fixed the two finger gesture and full styling issue and it will applied to v1.3.2. And the issue of some HEVC decoding was fixed. Check them out please.

• @support said in Still having font problem with external .ass subtitle:

Thanks for your report! We've fixed the two finger gesture and full styling issue and it will applied to v1.3.2. And the issue of some HEVC decoding was fixed. Check them out please.

Found that the version in Play Store fallback to 1.3.1.3_180119, and I tried the version 1.3.2.23_180131 before but having the problem just mentioned in the reply above. I will just wait for the next update and try again. Thanks!

• administrators

We've fixed and applied it to v1.3.2.32_180202 and release app updates with staged rollouts. Thank you. :)

• @support said in Still having font problem with external .ass subtitle:

We've fixed and applied it to v1.3.2.32_180202 and release app updates with staged rollouts. Thank you. :)

Thank you! Just got the update version 1.3.2.33_180203. Thanks so much for fixing two finger gesture and the hevc decoding issue! But now I am still having some problem:

1. Still just 246.8KB font cache. Turning off and on "Embedded Fonts" doesn't help.

2. Subtitle full styling doesn't effect all the time. It sometimes becomes the default styling in nplayer setting. I need to reopen the video 1-3 times to get back the full styling effect.
      Original:
      Imgur
      Sometimes become:
      Imgur

3. I can't open some folder/file in local tab sometimes in this version. Just tapped on the item and nothing happened. Need to restart nplayer to get it work but issue comes back irregularly.

4. When I using two finger gesture to control the Playback rate. It won't show anything that like controlling brightness/volume and I can see the percentage in the center of screen.

5. Using gesture to control playback rate, manually swipe back to 1.0x but it still showing two timing on seekbar unless I press the "1.0x" button on the right.
      Imgur

Thank you!

• @Support

Updated to the latest version 1.3.3.20_180228. Thank you for fixing 3, 4 problems I mentioned in the comment above. But I am still having the remaining problems(1, 2, 5). And also may you please add the option "Normal Playback Rate" in the Two finger gesture - Single Tap and Double Tap? Thank you!

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.