Chromecast subtitle error

• Recently on Chromecast playback the caption (srt file) is not playing on TV ... On the application screen the caption appears, but the TV screen does not.

• administrators

We have a difficulty to figure out what the problem is with the information you gave us. When we tested Chromecast with subtitles file, problem did not occur.

In order to figure out the problem exactly, more detailed information is needed. Please describe more detail about your devices, iOS version, Chromecast version, and the steps to reproduce the problem. And your sample file would help us. If you can, in order to test in the most similar conditions to those where you did, please upload your sample file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv. When we get the sample, we will check the file and try to find out what the problem is.

• Me too am facing this problem, it worked on my 2nd gen. chromecast, but when I tried on my 1st gen. chromecast subtitles don't show.

• I have this problem too. When I send a .mkv video (which has a .srt file) to chromecast, the chromecast on my TV just show the video, but the subtitle is showed on my device.
    No matter video file I cast (with subtitle file .srt), I can only see video. The subtitles only appear in my device screen.
    My device: iPhone 6
    iOS version: 11.2
    Chromecast version: 1.29.104695
    Steps: I only chose the video, and played. After that, I turned the subtitle on and cast to my tv. And then, on my device, the subtitles were playing normally (sincronized with the video playing on tv), but in my TV just the video was playing...

• administrators

Unfortunately, we tested it on Chromecast 1th, 2th generation, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast on Nexus Player and Shield TV, but the problme does not occur. Could you please do a test it after rebooting the Chromecast?

If problem persist, in order to figure out what the problem is exactly, more detailed information is needed. Please share your test environment so we can test it in the most similar conditions to those where you did.

Also, your subtitle sample file would help us. If you can, please upload subtitle file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv. Thank you.

• Chromecast (1st gen).
    Firmware version 1.29.104827.
    Doesn't matter what SRT, I randomly downloaded one off addic7ed.com.
    Both video and SRT on Local or SMB/DLNA result the same.

Casting from iPhone X.
    iOS 11.2.5.

• administrators

We have fixed the issue and it was applied to the v3.8.4. Please do a test it after updating the app.

• @support It worked fine!! Now it is showing the subtitles on TV, but the subtitles on TV don’t get changes made on app...
    For example, before I played the video, I set default color of my subtitles to yellow (instead of white), but on TV this changes aren’t applyed...
    In the app is ok...

Anyway, thanks for the support and correct this bug so fast.
    Can I ask you what causes that?

Thanks!

• Hi,
    I have the same problem with AAS subtitle, into the app i can see the subtitles fine but when i cast to my chromecast, subtitles doesn’t work. I have the last firmware from chromecast, 1.29.104827
    Thanks!

• administrators

@diego2345 Did you play embedded subtitles? Embedded subtitles is not supported on Chromecast. Please check that.

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.