ass subtitle problems

• Updated to the latest version 1.3.5.6_180320. Thank you sooooo much that the font cache bug got fixed in this version! But I am having these problems in this version:

1. low resolution of ass subtitle
      original from mx player:
      Imgur
      nplayer having low resolution:
      Imgur
    2. ass subtitle styling is lost sometimes, I must reopen the video several times to get it back.
      original(with nplayer, retry several times to get it works):
      Imgur
      styling is lost:
      Imgur
    3. very slow font caching speed. I have 301 fonts(2.24GB). I must keep my screen on and I must not to use my phone and just wait for it to finish caching. Maybe that speed is only because I have too many fonts but may you please make it possible to run in background just like mx player so that I can use other apps when waiting for font caching?
    4. May you please add the option "Normal Playback Rate" into the Two finger gesture - Single Tap and Double Tap?
      Thank you!

• administrators

Thanks for the details. :)
    1, 2.
    It would be helpful if you send us the ASS sample file, and the steps to reproduce it as detailed as possible. Please upload your ASS sample file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv.

1. We'll look into it to improve usability and the speed of font cache.
    2. We appreciate your suggestion about a gesture option. We'll keep that in our mind for the development.

• @support said in ass subtitle problems:

Thanks for the details. :)
    1, 2.
    It would be helpful if you send us the ASS sample file, and the steps to reproduce it as detailed as possible. Please upload your ASS sample file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv.

1. We'll look into it to improve usability and the speed of font cache.
    2. We appreciate your suggestion about a gesture option. We'll keep that in our mind for the development.

Thank you for your reply!
    I uploaded the ASS subtitle into your ftp server, it called [FLsnow][Fate_EXTRA_Last_Encore][09][TVRIP].cht.ass. I just simply play the video and came out 1 or 2.
    Thank you!

• administrators

Thanks for your sample. :) When we tested with it, the problem did not occur. We have a difficulty to figure out what the problem is if it is not reproduced when we tested.

Did the problem appear when you're seeking the video? Could you tell us the point it occurs? And please describe more detail where you played the file(local or network server). Thank you.

• @support said in ass subtitle problems:

Thanks for your sample. :) When we tested with it, the problem did not occur. We have a difficulty to figure out what the problem is if it is not reproduced when we tested.

Did the problem appear when you're seeking the video? Could you tell us the point it occurs? And please describe more detail where you played the file(local or network server). Thank you.

I play it with a 555.24MB 1280x720 AVC 8bit video on my Sony XZ Premium Android 8.0. Using the custom codec from http://forum.nplayer.tv/topic/1309/custom-codec-for-android-nplayer . The fonts are placing in my microsd card. Both 1, 2 problems are tried when using default codec or custom codec, placing in internal storage or microsd card, and placing into the same folder with the video. Problem 1 can especially be seen on 22:08-23:32. It looks like the subtitle is blurred. Problem 2 doesn't appear every time when I play the video but I got about 70% probability having this problem with this subtitle(also having the same problem with some other ASS subtitles but not as this serious). I just simply play the video no matter it plays from the last time stopped or from the beginning of the video after I cleared my playback history.

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.