SMB/CIFS Issues

• Attempting to connect to Windows-based network shares is non-functional. Nplayer continually presents a dialog box requesting credentials. Reviewing the audit logs on the server indicate that the credentials are not being sent to the server properly. Below is a copy and paste of the pertinent log(s) from Windows:

==========================================
    An account failed to log on.

Subject:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: -
    Account Domain: -
    Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name:
    Account Domain:

Failure Information:
    Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
    Sub Status: 0xC0000064

Process Information:
    Caller Process ID: 0x0
    Caller Process Name: -

Network Information:
    Workstation Name: XXXXXX-IPAD
    Source Network Address: 10.x.x.x
    Source Port: 50541

Detailed Authentication Information:
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    Authentication Package: NTLM
    Transited Services: -
    Package Name (NTLM only): -
    Key Length: 0

I edited the workstation name and source network address for security purposes. As well, the appropriate username and password was input in Nplayer. The server is Windows Server 2012 R2 with all Windows Updates applied.

Please let me know if additional information is required.

• I replied to a different topic here on the same/similar topic:
    http://forum.nplayer.tv/topic/45/disappointing-upgrade-and-now-it-doesn-t-work/2

Looking for a new player for me and my wife, stumbled across NPlayer (free) and it ticks all of the boxes - great play......Except it will not connect to my server for streaming.

Setup as follows:
    iPhone 6 running NPlayer 3.2.6.1 (free version)
    Server: Win7 Ultimate running local authentication accounts

I both manually configured via Network -> SMB/CIFS and Network -> Scan Network with the same results. In both cases I get prompted for a username/password pair and it does not get past the login prompt.

Any ideas? If I can get past this I will likely buy the paid version (x2). Thanks!

• I can stream wirelessly from my RavPower File hub with no issues. I also transfer files wirelessly off of a Windows 10 PC. I use to manually set SMB/CIFS but now the "Scan Network" seems to open the doors easier.

• I have exactly the same issues with my Windows 7 Ultimate shares: Endless user/pw loop.
    I have been using nplayer on my ipad for a long time. It used to work perfectly before. I have not used nplayer a while so i kinda missed when exactly it stopped working.
    I just paid for the latest featurea wthout even thinking about it twice because i love nplayer. So it kinda suck to find out it has issues that obviously have not been fixed in many months now. Can not find any answer of developers either on this issue.

• I have a different issue with SMB/CIFS, sometimes it tells me it can't find a directory and then a short time later it will show them. However it appears to be unable to download the files onto the iPad.