player losses position of played video

• Hello!

Your player is really good :) But I found usability bug in version 3.0.0.

Hardware: iPhone 5, 64GB
    Steps:

1. Start to play any film.
    2. Play it ~20 minutes.
    3. Press Home button.
    4. Start and use any applications (in my case I listen music in Podcast).
    5. Press Home button.
    6. Tap on nPlayer icon.
    7. Start to play the film from step 1.

Expected result:
    Film should continue playing from time position when I pressed Home button.
    Actual result:
    Film starts playing from the beginning.

Version 2.6.5 don't have this bug. Film continuing playing from the position when I minimized nPlayer.
    I think developer deleted during refactoring (or forgot to add) the code where player marking stop position.

Please, write me will you fix this bug or not? If yes — how much time I should wait?
    Now I'll rollback to version 2.6.5.

From Russia with bug :)
    Alexey

iOS 8.4.1 (12H321)
    iPhone 5 64GB
    iPhone model: MD663RU/A

• One more usability bug.

Steps:

1. Play video.
    2. Press Home button for minimize nPlayer.
    3. Lock iPhone.
    4. Unlock iPhone.
    5. Tap on nPlayer icon.

Expected result:
    nPlayer should start with video which played on 1st step.
    Actual result:
    nPlayer displays folders: Inbox, Downloads, etc... I should open folder and look for file again.

In version 2.6.5 nPlayer displayed the video. I could tap play button and video playing continued.

Sorry me for my bad English :)

Alexey

iOS 8.4.1 (12H321)
    iPhone 5 64GB

• COMMUNITY REP

Please tell your iOS Version.
    Or add in your profile signature.

My device for Bug-Report:
    iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1

• iOS 8.4.1 (12H321)

iOS 8.4.1 (12H321)
    iPhone 5 64GB

• COMMUNITY REP

Best is you add this in your signature. Good for the nPlayer developer. I think my signature is good for you ;)

My device for Bug-Report:
    iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1

• I can back that up. Was watching a twitch past broadcast from a m3u8 playlist. I was about 2 hours in last night, when I went to continue this morning nplayer had completely forgotten where I was.

Previously this worked perfectly in 2.6.5.

(iPad Air 2 running iOS 9 Beta 5)

• Thank you for your detail bug report. We've fixed the issue. It'll be applied to next version.

• Hi!

The remember playback position also worked for mp3 files. There was a setting for it also, somewhere in the app. Now it is completely dissapeared, and also mp3 playback always start from the beginning of the file. I'm listening recorded conversations with the app, I've bought it only for this feature. Sometimes there was a problem with the function in the previous version but mostly worked. But now it is totally missing. If it is still exist where the hell are you put this setting. You are still announcing in the app store the resume playback feature. In the previous version it also didn't worked when the player playing in the background and some other application forced out of memory it eg. an incoming phone call.

Ok I found it, to tell the truth that settings gear visibility is very poor, and in a menu I'm not expected to open another menu with such a button. IMHO it is a UI design problem. For me is not logical to look a setting button in this menu.

Best regards
    Attila

Attila

iphone 4s MD235CM/A
    IOS 7.1.2(11D257)