x265 decoder support

• Hi,

First off great app. Simply love it.
    It's my go to app for video playback on the iPad.

I recently noticed that nPlayer doesn't support x265 playback.
    Could you please add this. I know it's possible because Infuse player (which i also own) does support it.
    I prefer nPlayer, so please add this support to my fav app.

More and more content is being released on x265 format.

Thanks Devs

Regards
    mRY

• Can you be more specific? The free version has played every x265 aka HEVC aka h.265 file I've ever thrown at it, though the performance isn't nearly as good as Infuse or even VLC for iOS unless its a 1080p with a high bitrate it'll run after a moment or two to load, with maybe a little studdering for a short time just after it first leaves the starting line...
    --P.S. What file format, encoding software / version + filetype are the x265's you've tried? And on what device (though even my iphone 4S can play 480p smoothly, and its hard to see differences with higher resolutions unless you have a big TV (over 50" to distinguish 1080p from 720p).

---What I want to know is if it transcodes and successfully Chromecasts x265, it says it can but only in the full version.There are chrome browser apps that will do it - at high cou use to the PC, I know my apple devices can handle decoding and streaming to my chromecast2 in a different format on demand, a garantee and my money back if it doesn't and I'd buy nplayer from the app store in a second.

• nPlayer can play hevc video via software decoder, I think Infuse is using the same way to play these video.

• Yea, I don't think any apple products have hardware HEVC yet and the format is still progressing so without some sort of software aide they'd quickly have issues with the latest updated versions, but the dual core 1.3ghz 64bit arm cpu of the iphone 5S/ipad mini2/ipad air 1 - has ample power to decode 1080p HEVC with plenty to spare, although some software decoders are much more efficient than others, or perhaps they're just using a much newer build of the software decoder code.

On a similar note, Texas Instruments has recendly demonstrated their software live encoding HEVC at 4k with just a regular quad core mobile arm 64 cpu, and hopefully I don't need to explain how encoding >>>>> decoding (extra greater than signs to help illustrate the hudge difference).

P.S. So noone can tell me if the software decoding can still chromecast HEVC videos like the free version claims but won't demonstrate? I'm tired of waiting so I think I'm going to take the plung tonight a purchase nplayer, then if it was misadvertising, well I've always wondered if there was a way to return digital app usage rights for a refund on the apple store.. =)

• Okay, avi's, mp4's using xvid or h.263, mkv HEVC (265) files, they play on the apple devices, but when you hit chromecast the TV shows the file name, a loading progress bar for about 5-10 second, then just doesn't play, and the tv only says nplayer. Infuse, other apps, they'll say Not avalible for this video type when you click on the cast icon. nplayer doesn't even give a warning or error message.

• Would I keep this app anyway? Without HEVC I'm not going to want to do much streaming from my amazon unlimited chrome drive, at 2x-4x the file size of 264, and I question weather that breaks with chromecast or not too.
      --And when I encode my dvd's or bluray's, I'd like to be able to digitally encrypt the files, my own sort of drm, otherwise I think my online account would be terminated rather then someone visiting me at home to verify I had the discs. It could be as simple as using rar files that are password protected with filename obscurating, there's two hurtles to pass for many of the uncommon feature to seem useful to me, imo. This is the feature request section so I think that keeps me still on subject.

-Here's what I expected based on its portrayal, Transcoding, the proccess of converting one encoded type video to another. Network streams the original type to the device, app converts or decodes and reencodes as neccesary, encoding need not be of the high compression variety as your on the same LAN (so its not necessary) and you probably want to make it work on more than just the highest end devices. This is exactly what my desktop web browser does, windows 10, chrome browser, extention for chromecast and (for an example) the free extention "Videostream". It software decodes avi files, xvid/divx/hevc, codecs that are either to old or to new for the chromecast to support while keeping the price as low as possible. Then it software encodes to a supported format, x264 presumably, and chromecasts the streaming media converted on the fly.
    --To my knowledge no ios apps do this yet, although there are free apps to download, convert and cast separately. There are even plenty of apps and that can do the majority of funtions nplayer can for free, now that I know the cast button that said you have to purchase the full version to do this - does absolutely nothing after you purchase it (except if it happens to be a file types that are already supported by every chromecasting video app because the chromecast supports it natively). Being the first would easily make your program worth the price.
    In conclusion, considering my feature suggestions or not, please adjust the misleading popup so that it doesn't state that you need to purchase the app to use a feature, when its a feature (That doesn't work with the video file you were watching) in the purchased version.

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.