Chromecast

• The following Chromecast features does not work.

Streaming video/music from iTunes in logal directory. Only plays on iPad. Although the setting is there to stream to a chromecast devise it does not work, and yes it is set up properly.

Streaming from a network device to chromecast show the video, but no sound.

Dont know if i must purchase in app purchases, burt it has no description, only update.

• COMMUNITY REP

@tonylogin said:

Streaming from a network device to chromecast show the video, but no sound.

Compare your file with Chromecast (supported media-file)
    https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media

• Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is the file, because if I load it to nPlayer it streams to Chromecast perfectly

• COMMUNITY REP

@tonylogin said:

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is the file, because if I load it to nPlayer it streams to Chromecast perfectly

Notice: Chromecast not support DTS codec.

• I recently upgraded nplayer, mostly for the promised chromecast support which really seems very buggy. As the previous poster mentioned, chrome casting from the local iTunes directories simply does not work. The chromecast icon is there, but it does not do anything. The only place I could get nplayer to cast from is off the network, but that was very buggy too. Certain videos would play video but no audio, some were the opposite, audio with no video.

These features are exciting, but clearly have not been beta tested. Please fix the bugs so that this app purchase will be worthwhile. Chromecast is mostly useless at the moment.

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.