Airplay to Apple TV 4K doesn't work for some video files

• I am waiting for the Apple TV 4K version to play from Router's FTP location. In the meantime, I am trying to use Airplay to play on Apple TV 4K from Router's FTP location via iPad nplayer app. I tried to play a small video (2MB) via Airplay from router's FTP location. It popped up on TV and played. However when I try to play few other files, it starts showing the TV icon in center of the player and then it either kept showing the progress indicator and in some cases it started to play locally on IPad Mini 2 and sound on Apple tv. In this case, I have already selected Apple TV in Airply. However if I cast the same video to Android TV, it plays with audio and video on Android tv. So I assume that is an issue with airplay.

Please let me know if Apple TV version will be release anytime soon. If not, can you help me with the Airplay issue? Thanks.

• administrators

We have a difficulty to figure out what the problem is with the information you gave us. Does the file which has the problems have the video codec Apple TV supports?

Please describe more detail about iOS, the app version, the video format and codec and the steps to reproduce it. And your video sample file would help us. If you can, in order to test in the most similar conditions to those where you did, please upload your sample file to ftp://test.newin.co.kr or give us your file link to support@nplayer.tv. When we get the sample, we will check the file and try to find out what the problem is.

• Here is the link to the file.
    https://file.io/eXEv3Y

When I play this video file on my iPad from ftp location, it starts playing locally on my iPad mini 2 with 11.4.1 ios even though I have selected Apple TV in Airplay devices list.
    However Audio is coming from the TV.

• I hope, you are checking the file for the airplay issue. I am facing issue with quiet a number of large files as well. I can’t share them due copyright issue. Please let me know your findings and suggestions.

• administrators

The file has a WMV3 video codec which Apple TV does not support. AirPlay is available on all video formats(MKV, AVI, MP4, etc.) including H.264 video codec. Please take this into consideration.

• Ok. Then I have some other files which also doesn't eork. I assume those are also having unsupported codec. So I have to blame Apple then. Thanks for your investigation.

Looks like your connection to nPlayer Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.